Whether you plan on handling a pest bird problem in house, or need to hire a professional, Bird-B-Gone can help guide you through handling a bird problem at your facility.
Bird-B-Gone Owner Bruce Donoho says “The build up of bird droppings and nesting materials can pose a health risk for building tenants, especially if found near ventilation systems. Bird droppings can corrode building materials and machinery, ruin stored product and cost a business thousand of dollars every year for clean-up.”
- Is your maintenance department spending time and money cleaning bird droppings on a regular basis?
- Are exterior signs or awnings being damaged by bird droppings?
- Are rooftop birds soiling machinery or equipment or are nesting materials clogging drainage systems?
- Do you have birds landing or roosting in warehouse or loading dock areas?
- Are building tenants complaining about an existing bird problem?
- Have customers complained about bird droppings in a retail setting?
Visit the affected area to gather some basic information to help determine your next course of action. Is this an easy fix or more involved than expected?
- Figure out where the birds are and what they are doing.
- If it’s a simple problem, you may be able to resolve the bird problem in house.
- More difficult situations may require outside help. Call Bird-B-Gone for an Authorized Installer.
- Do you currently work with a pest control company? If so, they may be able to help with the pest bird problem.
- Consider your resources. Once you’ve assessed the bird problem, decide whether this is something you can resolve in house or not.
- Smaller affected areas can often be treated easily, but large scale bird problems, especially where birds have been nesting, may require a professional.
- Contact a bird control company such as Bird-B-Gone, Inc. Bird-B-Gone can help you choose the right product or put you in contact with a professional bird deterrent installer in your area.
Bird Control Articles:
- So your building has birds
- Bird proofing an integral Part of Building Maintenance
- Bird Spikes can deter birds from commercial buildings
- Bird control in and around food processing plants
- Bird Control is an investment
Bird Control Resources for Facility Managers:
Visit the Bird-B-Gone website or the following links to find additional information on bird behavior, choosing the right products, product installation guides, and more:
- Bird deterrent installation instructions
- Architectural Specs, CAD Details, BIM Drawings
- Identifying birds and bird behavior
- Free Catalog of Bird Control Products
- Ask the Expert – Send your bird question to our on staff Ornithologist